The Wild Woman, also known as the Explorer archetype is the next in the series of 12 archetypes used in branding. One of the goals in introducing these archetypes is to help you define your brand’s personality and be able to to use that information in your own business branding.
The Wild Woman (or Explorer) brand archetype seeks personal evolution through authenticity. For her, there is only one way to discover who you really are: through new experiences, growth, expansion and freedom. As the name implies, The Wild Woman can never be tamed. She continually searches for new horizons, both internally and externally. She lives by the beat of her own drum and life on her own terms. By authentically living her truth with no apologies or excuses, she serves as the perfect role model for others to do the same.
Also Known As…
The Wild Woman is also known as the Explorer, the Seeker, the Free Spirit, Bohemian and the Earth Goddess.
At Her Best…
She lives by the beat of her own drummer and shows others how to do the same. Her quest is to fully understand who she truly is and her place in the world. Her curiosity compels her to seek out new experiences. Consequently, her path is one of continual growth and expansion in all areas of her life. She is the perfect role model for anyone who is also searching for their own personal truth and helps them in their journey.
At Her Worst…
She is easily bored and can be seen as flakey and unreliable. The reason for her journey is to discover who she truly is. However sometimes she can get lost because of a fear of committing to anything. If she’s not careful, her constant search for “more” can become an obsession and act as a defense against connecting with the people, places and ideas that can help her fulfill her mission in life.
The Main Purpose of This Brand Archetype
The main purpose of the Wild Woman brand archetype is to seek evolution and authenticity through new experiences, growth, expansion and freedom.
Best Suited For…
- The types of businesses best suited to the Wild Woman brand archetype provide opportunities, resources and support for their clients to grow and learn.
- It is ideal for businesses whose clients are seeking a new path and searching for authenticity through self-discovery.
- It is perfect for lifestyle blogs and companies that focus on travel, or the outdoors.
- The Wild Woman archetype appeals to clients who either feel stifled or uninspired with some aspect of their current life and are looking for solutions to break free and make it better.
- It also appeals to those who are already on the path of self-discovery, and true to form, are looking for new voices, new experiences, new resources, etc.
Traits & Attributes for
The Wild Woman
- Freedom seeking
- Growth oriented
- Seeks bliss
- Sense of wonder
- Elizabeth Gilbert (author) Eat, Pray, Love
- Cheryl Strayed (author) Wild
- Anthony Bourdain
- Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (movie)
Is Your Brand the Wild Woman?
Do see your business as the Wild Woman brand archetype? If you’re still not sure, that’s okay. I’m writing a series of posts that cover all 12 of the main brand archetypes. I’ll also be sharing a lot of free resources with you along the way. So keep coming back for the latest update!