Posted: August 14, 2018Archetype, Brand Archetype, Brand Personality
The Playful Enthusiast, also known as the Jester archetype is the last post (#12) in my series of post about the 12 brand archetypes.
The Playful Enthusiast (or Jester) brand archetype is vivacious and full of energy. She teaches us to enjoy life and appreciate what we have. Her grace is seeing each moment as a precious gift and teaches us to find joy and awe in the every day. She makes life’s problems easy to face and bring irony, humor and joie de vivre wherever she goes. She lives life with a “no holds barred” attitude and brings the party wherever she goes.
Also Known As…
The Playful Enthusiast is also known as the Jester, the Performer, the Entertainer, the Life of the Party, the Playful Flirt, Eclectic & the High Spirited.
At Her Best…
She brings out the creative, playful side in all of us and infuses her life with a sense of humor, enthusiasm and whimsy that is contagious. She is quick thinking, has a sharp mind and see ideas and possibilities everywhere and in everything.
At Her Worst…
She has no follow-through and too much FOMO (fear of missing out) which causes her to chase one shiny squirrel after another. Because of this, she has a terrible time getting things done and finishing projects, making her seem flakey and unreliable.
The Main Purpose of This Brand Archetype
The main purpose of the Playful Enthusiast brand archetype is to uplift others and infuse a contagious sense of enthusiasm into everything. She helps us to have fun, experience joy and appreciate life. Most importantly, she teaches us all to lighten up and not take ourselves or life so seriously. The final archetype of 12 on a journey begun by the Hopeful Initiator, the Playful Enthusiast helps us see the treasures and gifts in even the smallest aspects of what we’ve experienced and helps fortify us so we can begin the cycle again.
Best Suited For…
- The Playful Enthusiast brand archetype is perfect for any service-oriented business where the primary personality of the owner can relate to the playful, quick-witted, expressive style of this archetype. It’s difficult to fake. It must be authentic. So if your personality matches this brand’s persona and you are the face (and heart and soul) of your business, no matter what services or product you offer this brand archetype will work for you.
- The Playful Enthusiast archetype appeals to clients who want to lighten up and bring joy and energy into their lives or while they tackle a daunting problem or task.
- It appeals to those who love humor and want to be entertained.
- It is ideal for clients who feel trapped, stifled, and want to break free, expand and enliven their lives with boldness, color, joy, excitement and enthusiasm.
Traits & Attributes for the Playful Enthusiast
- Betsy Johnson (Fashion Designer)
- Katie Perry (Singer)
- Jim Carrey (Comedian & actor)
- Deadpool (movie)
One look at Allison Marshall’s website Wonderlass and you instantly know the brand archetype that influences her brand the most is the Playful Enthusiast. Her style, visual branding, online persona, videos – EVERYTHING points to one thing: life is much easier and more fun when you lighten up and laugh a little. Her quirky, vivacious style makes learning all the tough things a solopreneurs needs to tackle a little less daunting and boring.
Is Your Brand the Playful Enthusiast?
Do see your business as the Playful Enthusiast brand archetype? If you’re still not sure, take a look at all 12 of the main brand archetypes I have written about to see if you can narrow it down to just one or two.