The Heart-Centered Passionate brand archetype (also known as the Lover archetype) is one of the 12 main brand archetypes I’m delving into. I want to provide some information on what businesses might best be suited for each archetype. In the coming weeks, I’ll also provide examples of visual branding (fonts, color schemes, etc.), brand voice (message, tone, content, style of communication, etc.) and design resources for each archetype.
There are so many things that can be said about the The Heart-Centered Passionate (or the Romantic) brand archetype. Although not for women only, it is the most feminine of the brand archetypes. This femininity can range anywhere from the bubbly girly-girl, to the enchantress / femme fatale, to the ethereal and mysterious goddess.
Much more than about sex, love, partnership and romance, the single most important thing about the Heart-Centered Passionate is her desire to connect – deeply – with everyone and everything that is important to her. Because of this, there is an intensity about her that can often be misread as purely sexual. But that misses the point entirely. She is beauty personified, both inwardly in her heart and soul, and in her desire to make the world around her beautiful.
Also Known As…
The Heart-Centered Passionate is also known as the Lover, the Romantic, the Sensualist, the Connoisseur, and the Goddess.
At Her Best…
She is passionate about people and connecting deeply with them in all types of relationships, from friendship to love. She loves to feel special and wants to people important to her to feel special as well. She loves to create “an experience” in her business and offerings for her clients. She can make even the everyday mundane seem special and memorable.
At Her Worst…
She can be overly concerned and even obsessed with what other people think about her. With being so heart-centered, if not held in check, she can be intensely over-dramatic and hard to take. If not careful, her need for connection can slide down to the darker side of relationships into co-dependence.
The Main Purpose of This Brand Archetype
The Heart-Centered Passionate’s purpose is to form deep connections and relationships with others through shared experiences. She wants to connect – with the people, places, experiences, ideas and things in her life she finds important. She’s not afraid of commitment. Her passion and enthusiasm makes it easy for the people in her life to feel special, and she luxuriates in this role. She appreciates and creates beauty in every aspect of her life. She is naturally talented at finding and bringing out in each of us what we are most passionate about.
Best Suited For…
- This brand is a natural fit for any business or lifestyle blog that caters to women and anything feminine.
- It is also ideal for business, products and services that focus on beauty, fashion, food and luxury experiences.
- It is also great for businesses that offer high-end services and cater to a clientele looking for VIP treatment and service.
- This is ideal for businesses that focus on building relationships, connections and intimacy not just between people, but also with anything their clients might be passionate about.
- It is perfect for businesses that offer products or services that provide a sense of luxury, opulence and glamour.
- It is also a good fit for any type of design business or business that focuses on a refined or beautiful aesthetic.
- The Heart-Centered Passionate business will appeal to clients who want to feel special and appreciated.
- Whatever product or service they are looking for, they tend to gravitate towards the high-end, elegant, tasteful, exquisite and expensive end of the spectrum.
- They are looking not just to solve a problem, but to have “an experience.”
- This brand archetype can attract clients who are connoisseurs of something – be it fine art, food, wine, good design, clothes, etc.
Traits & Attributes for
The Heart-Centered Passionate
- Commitment / Committed
- All heart
- Beautiful / Beauty
- Desire / Desirable
- Elizabeth Taylor
- Sofia Vergara
- Carrie from Sex and the City
- Like Water for Chocolate (novel & movie)
- The Notebook (movie)
Is Your Brand the Heart-Centered Passionate?
Do you identify strongly with the Heart-Centered Passionate, or Lover archetype? Perhaps you see yourself in more than one of the archetypes. That’s normal! Archetypes can influence all areas of our lives. But as a business owner it’s important to understand which ONE or TWO (at most) you want your business to identify with.
Your goal in using brand archetypes in your branding is to attract your ideal clients and repel the ones you don’t want to work with. Archetypal branding is just a shortcut or shorthand to do that. So if you’re still not sure which one is right for your business, stay tuned as I continue to share information and resources on the 12 brand archetypes.