The Enlightened Changemaker, also known as the Rebel archetype is the next brand archetype in the series of 12 archetype. You can use this information to ascertain which archetype is influencing your business’ persona and then develop a brand around that persona.
The Enlightened Changemaker (or Rebel) brand archetype is driven by the freedom of choice, the freedom to choose and living authentically. Freedom and choice are powerful themes for the Enlightened Changemaker. She is curious and always wonders “why” or better still, “who not!” She speaks her mind and can be blunt and direct. There is no pretense with her.
She has a deep, uncontainable desire to make ____________ better (fill in the blank). She will tear down systems if they have become outdated or no longer work. Because of this constant desire to make the world better, she can make some people around her very uncomfortable. In fact, her boldness, bluntness and willingness to tear something down in order to build something better can scare the shit out of a lot of people. But that’s okay. The world needs rebels and changemakers. Without them, we would cease to move forward, to progress – to evolve.
Also Known As…
The Enlightened Changemaker is also known as the Rebel, the Maverick, the Outlaw, the Iconoclast, Revolutionary and Misfit.
At Her Best…
She pushes us to see what over the next hill and the next horizon. She has the curiosity and more importantly, the courage to strive for a new and better life. She doesn’t do this for her own sake, but rather for the evolution of the entire tribe. She leads by example, pushing the tribe forward to evolve and expand.
At Her Worst…
She rebels for rebellion’s sake. Like the cliched teenager filled with rage, angst or fear, she challenges everything and anyone in her way with no clear meaning, goal or vision. She just wants to stir the pot and break things.
The Main Purpose of This Brand Archetype
The Enlightened Changemaker archetype is here to remind us that we have at least a little of this archetype inside. This is especially true for entrepreneurs. The Enlightened Changemaker is essential to mankind’s growth, as well as her own. She is often the spark that lights a fire under our butts that gets us moving onward and forward to something better.
Best Suited For…
- The types of businesses best suited to the Enlightened Changemaker brand archetype are coaches and consultants who help companies and individuals break free, break through, move forward, usually in a radical fashion.
- Any business that sells products or services that encourages and motivates others to take action, make a change and fix/replace what’s not working.
- The Enlightening Changemaker archetype appeals to clients who want to work with someone that will help them make a huge, radical change in some area of their life.
- It also appeals to clients who are rebels themselves and need to work with someone equally as bold and daring as they are.
Traits & Attributes for The Enlightened Changemaker
- No holds barred
- Neo in The Matrix
- Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
- Movie Norma Rae
- Anthony Bourdain
- Rosa Parks
- Frida Kahlo
Is Your Brand the Enlightened Changemaker?
Do see your business as the Enlightened Changemaker brand archetype? Or do you see yourself in multiple archetypes? I’m writing a series of posts that cover all 12 of the main brand archetypes, so keep coming back for the latest update!