The Empowering Leader, also known as the Ruler archetype is number 9 in the series of 12 brand archetypes I am discussing. For anyone having difficulty figuring out their brand’s personality, the brand archetypes could be a great way to ascertain which persona is the right fit for your business.
The Empowering Leader (or Ruler) brand archetype is motivated to lead, and create order and structures in order to provide stability, security, and prosperity for everyone in her company or within her sphere of influence. She is goal-oriented. Her desire is to create a better world, community, business and organization.
Also Known As…
The Empowering Leader is also known as the CEO, the Executive, the Boss, the Ruler, the Sovereign, the Queen/King, the Monarch, the Politician and the Leader.
At Her Best…
She uses her power productively, for the good of the community. She seeks to inspire others to take responsibility for their lives and be the best they can be. She acts as a positive role model for success.
At Her Worst…
She is judgmental, haughty and conceited. She can use her power to control instead of for the benefit of all so can be domineering, manipulative and greedy.
The Main Purpose of This Brand Archetype
The perfect saying that applies to the Empowering Leader brand archetype is “a rising tide lifts all boats.” The Empowering Leader lives this ideal in every aspect of her life. Her goal is to make certain that everyone in her domain, her business and her community can succeed and are given the tools, resources and support to do so. Improvements that are made benefit everyone, not just those at the top.
Best Suited For…
- The types of businesses best suited to the Empowering Leader brand archetype offer high-end, high-status luxury products and services. The owner of the business, as well as the products and services act as role models and examples for this.
- It is ideal for businesses that offer services in organizing and creating structure from chaos in any endeavor (ie a VA to a personal closet organizer).
- It is perfect for the business offering services that empower people and help them to succeed. For example coaches and consultants.
- The Empowering Leader archetype appeals to clients looking for security, solutions, structure and success from a trustworthy source.
- It is great for brands that want to position themselves as a product or service focused on status, prestige, wealth and success.
Traits & Attributes for the Empowering Leader
- “Take charge” attitude
- By the book
- High Status
- Pamela Slim – entrepreneur and business coach
- Sara Blakely – founder of Spanx
- Arianna Huffington – Huffington Post
- Janice Bryant Howroyd – CEO, The ACT-1 Group
- Rashmi Sinha – Co-founder of SlideShare
- Katia Beauchamp & Hayley Barna – Birchbox
- Joy Mangano – real life inventor & executive and movie, Joy
Is Your Brand the Empowering Leader?
Is the Empowering Leader brand archetype influencing your business? Or maybe your see yourself in all or most of the brand archetypes. That’s okay. Keep reading. I’m sharing information on all 12 of the main brand archetypes. So keep coming back to read the latest updates!